Hey Rey, I've got something I've been diddling with over on google
code, that uses the dojo tree widget.

It's a freaking slick interface, Drag 'n Drop with in-place editing.
It still needs the public side, that doesn't have all the editing
stuff, id est, purely display.

When it's just displaying, it loads a lot faster, but as with all
things dojo, it's still a heafty lib of stuff to download.  I stuck it
in an iframe to avoid the reload penalty...

Anyways, if your interested, I'll send you the link to the current
source... eventually I'll have a live demo up somewhere- I'll post to
this list when I do.

FWIW, I'm planning on making a reactor config editor with it, since
you can have multiple trees and drag and drop between them.  Should
speed up reactor dev, if I get it implemented right.  Yeah, Someday.
=]