I've been doing just what you're talking about.  Home grown app, might
as well have been several different developers, even though it was all
just me... anywhaze...

What I had before was basically a mapped path that contained all my
CFCs/functions, and I'd access that from the various sites.  I see
what you mean, it seems (at first) like MG (dunno, but I guess FB and
MII are similar) is geared for a single app; and at least for me, I
needed more of a multi-app approach.  Like, to hell with even copying
a model from project to project, or whatever.  Bad enough using config
files (I'm more of a "set everything you need when you call it" vs.
"have a different config for each place you use it" type-o guy),
although, I am sorta getting ColdSpring, so... well, it's all about
the config files, I reckon.

Anyways, I've found that even with Model Glue, it's actually quite
easy to set things up so you only have one place to go to make
improvements to many places.  I've settled on "actionpacks"... now,
I've got views in my actionpacks, which is a no-no, I reckon, from a
purist point of view.  But I'm not 100% sold on the whole MVC idea,
even, so I say screw it.

I'll let you (or, this list, over time, probably) know how it goes...
the "actionpack" that I'm working on now is a "people" actionpack.
I've got "people" in almost every one of my apps, and most of the info
is the same... so I figured I'd start there.  In each of my apps, I
now have a single line that adds all the people functions I normally
use... it's pretty awesome, actually...  (my learning, more so than
adding functionality with a single line ;)

There are also "mixins", which I've only mentally explored, and that
on the surface.  I'll probably start using them to accomplish some of
the things you're asking about...

And then there's the low-tech, pretty freaking awesome as well
solution to many copies of the same thing: svn:externals.  They are
similar to sym links, sorta.  CVS has something akin, I guess,
probably others... you ARE using some form of source versioning,
right?  That's a must, no matter what framework you run with.

But long and short, I think they'll all do what you seem to be
wanting... ORMs and stored procedures, well, I'm not sure how useful
that combination is... I mean, a stored procedure is already sorta
code-ish, vs. SQL-ish, I reckon.  But I'm just a dude wandering 'round
this vast world of options... the more I know, the less I know... like
heroes... every answer, is another question...  or something like
that.  Yeah.

Anyone want to chime in about stored procedures and reactor?  If I end
up using it in one of my projects that uses them, I'll holler, if I
remember, and let everyone know how it goes...

now back to my not-really-an-action-pack actionpack... =]