In my code I am running two cfsearches.  The results from the second search
need to appear at the top of the results from the first search.  So I append
them to the first set and manually set the score and the rank so can force the
results to the top in a query of a query.

That is where I am getting the error, but it only happens at certain times.
The query of the query is a basic query,

select * from sResults order by Score desc, Rank desc.

In my search I can search for "wage cost", “labor market”, or
"wager" and it works just fine, if I try searching for "wage", "wages", or
"labor" it bombs.  The error I get is java.lang.ClassCastException  which the
line it is on is the beginning line of query of the query. If I take the sort
by Rank desc everything works, but then my results are not quite the way I
would like them.

<cfsearch collection="collection1"
       name="sResults"
       criteria="#client.criteria#"
       categorytree="#variables.cattree#"
       status="info">

<cfsearch collection="collection2"
       name="sResults2"
       criteria="#client.criteria#"
       status="info2">

<cfif sResults2.RecordCount gt 0>
       <cfset rrank = sResults.RecordCount + 1>
       <cfoutput query="sResults2">
               <cfset temp = QueryAddRow(sResults)>
               <cfset temp = QuerySetCell(sResults, "KEY",
expandpath(sResults2.Custom1))>

                               <cfset temp = QuerySetCell(sResults, "Rank",
variables.rrank)>
               <cfset temp = QuerySetCelL(sResults, "Score", 1.0000)>
               <cfset temp = QuerySetCell(sResults, "Summary",
sResults2.Summary)>
               <cfset temp = QuerySetCell(sResults, "Title", sResults2.Title)>
               <cfset temp = QuerySetCell(sResults, "URL", sResults2.Custom1)>
               <cfset temp = QuerySetCell(sResults, "Custom1", sResults2.Key)>
               <cfset rrank = rrank + 1>
                       </cfoutput>
</cfif>

<cfif sResults.RecordCount gt 0>
<cfquery dbtype="query" name="results">
                       select * from sResults order by Score desc, Rank desc
</cfquery>
<cfwddx action="CFML2WDDX" input="#results#" output="client.qoqResults">
</cfif>