Ryan Duckworth wrote:

> I think this will meet our needs for Source Control, but we are also
> interested in tracking versions of our software and having the option
> of quickly rolling back to a previous version.
>
> Obviously, most source/version control systems out there were built
> for compiled languages, not ColdFusion, but there has to be a workable
> solution for us web application developers that need to upload
> quickly, but also have large version releases.
>
> What is everyone out there doing to solve this problem?

We compile and packaged every release into an EAR file. When we release, it is
just a matter of swapping the EAR file and restarting the instance. We usually
keep an old release on the server itself for a while so we can rollback very
fast. (Obviously there are a few more steps when there is a cluster and
database upgrades involved.)

Jochem