I'm jumping in late, but the data is in the bookmark.  Microsoft loves
to hide information from users, which drives me crazy!  If you open the
actual bookmark file in a text editor, from your Favorites folder in
Documents and Settings on your hard drive, you will see a line like
this:
BASEURL=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1221+W+Idaho+St%2C+Boise
+ID&btnG=Search+Maps&output=js&sll=37.0625%2C-95.677068&sspn=47.435825%2
C65.302734

I manually changed the URL vars in that file and saved it.  Then the
bookmark took me to the new location I had hard coded in the file.

I don't know why Microsoft hides the real URL from the user when you
click Properties, but apparently they do...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andy Matthews [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 1:36 PM
> To: CF-Talk
> Subject: Reading data from a bookmark?
> 
> Okay...
> 
> A co-worker and I are trying to puzzle out a very cool/odd issue with
> Google
> Maps and I'd like some input. We all know that the guys at Google are
> level
> 73 wizards, but I can't even begin to imagine how they accomplish this
> one.
> 
> Try this walk-through if you have a moment and care to try to 
> solve it.
> By
> the way, it only appears to work in IE.

"EMF <idahopower.com>" made the following annotations.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential 
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended 
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, 
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is 
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please 
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, 
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. 

==============================================================================


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Introducing the Fusion Authority Quarterly Update. 80 pages of hard-hitting,
up-to-date ColdFusion information by your peers, delivered to your door four 
times a year.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/quarterly

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:260354
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4

Reply via email to