http://www.frameworksconference.com/
Date: 2/1/07 - 2/2/07
Location: Bethesda North Marriott
Hotel Accomidations: $194 -- Group Code: CFFCFFA, reserve at
http://www.bethesdanorthmarriott.com/
Topics: http://www.frameworksconference.com/pages/topics.cfm

--------------
* CFUNITED-07 information
Dates: Wed 6/27/07 - Sat 6/30/07
Location at North Bethesda Marriott, just outside Washington DC (same
great hotel as last year!).
Registration is open! See prices and discounts here:
http://www.cfunited.com/2007/pages/prices.cfm

Flat Rate:
4 day package - $849
3 day package - $749
Saturday only - $199

Discounts:
Alumni - $100 off price
UG Members - $50 off price
UG Managers - $150 off price
Government - 15% off price
Corporate Group Rate - 10% off price
Students - 60% off price

If you would like to obtain a promo code, ask [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--------
* BlueDragon 7 webinar 11/21/06
New Atlanta will be demoing the latest release of their CFML compiler
BlueDragon 7
at the Webinar on 11/21/06 at 1pm-2pm EST. Look out for the invite later
this week.

We are also planning webinars on Flex and Best Practices. If you have
suggested
webinar topics email me.

--------
* Adobe Studio 8 review
Check out what Theo Rusin Jr has to say about Adobe Studio 8 at MDCFUG
http://www.cfug-md.org/articles/adobestudio8review.cfm

--------
Michael Smith: This time we are talking with Shlomy Gantz about his
CFUNITED-06 talk "CF Pest Control - Debugging ColdFusion application". So
why should a developer see your session on video Shlomy?

Shlomy Gantz: I think it would be easier to answer the reverse, "Who should
not come to your session?" , If your code is PERFECT and your applications
have NO BUGS, then this presentation is NOT FOR YOU.
If you've ever found yourself in an endless cycle of fixing bugs, sitting at
your office at AM with about 15 cans of soda, cold pizza, trying to figure
out a nasty shopping cart bug the night before launch, this session might be
for you.
MS: Hmmm, that has happened to me... so will you help us avoid that in the
future?

SG: Yes, and I will make you happier and lose 15 pounds in one week.

MS: How will you do that?

SG: By showing you the tools, code and methodologies you will be able to
approach bugs in a more efficient and methodical way. You will be able to
plan better and cut down on those late night debugging & pizza sessions (For
some reason debugging is always better with pizza). Planning to debug
requires very little effort, saves a lot of time, but is rarely done. Having
a step by step approach can cut down on the actual time it takes to fix a
bug, especially when a looming deadline is near.
MS: What kinds of bugs are the hardest to fix?

SG: I think that logical bugs are usually the hardest to fix, especially
when it involves complex code that might have been written several years
ago. You
can spend days tracking the logic and trying to figure out why it is not
producing the correct result.  Second, and very common, are ColdFusion
bottlenecks,
the ones that make your server come to a screeching halt. Those are
particularly hard
to Diagnose because of the many layers in which such a bug can exist
(OS,JVM,CF,DB etc..)

MS: Wow that sounds like cool stuff to know - I will check your session out

You can see this session and others from CFUNITED-06 at
http://www.cfunited.com/ videos. The
first one is free, all 60 hours of video is $649.

--
Michael Smith, TeraTech Inc - Tools for Programmers(tm)
TeraTech voted Best Consulting Service by CFDJ readers!

405 E Gude Dr Ste 207, Rockville MD 20850 USA
Please check out http://www.teratech.com/ - email
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED],
or call us for more information; in the USA at 1-800-447-9120,
+1-301-424-3903 International, Fax 301-762-8185  Thanks!