From: Owens, Howard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 12:49 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: What If You Don't Know The File Type?

At this point, we're not storing any information about the files in a db (we
will eventually, but we're not to  that point yet). Does <cfdirectory> have
a method for determining the type of file (jpeg, pdf, sit)?  In the docs,
the only attribute I saw was "type" and all that seems to do is tell you
whether it's a file or a directory.

And to the post from Randy Adkins ... how do you zip the files once they're
on the server?  And what if they need to be a .sit file (the people
downloading these files are on Macs and would probably prefer stuffit
archives).

H.

Howard Owens
Web Producer