> Why would I want to load an object into the application scope just to
> load more objects? This is one more piece of code that has to be ran,
> maintained, suck up processes, suck up memory, to explain.... Wouldn't
> it be best to just keep it simple and call right to the CFC?

I think the idea is that as long as you have sufficient RAM, a call to the
Application scope will always be quicker than than a call to the CFC.  If
you have a gig of RAM dedicated to CF, a few MB of objects is negligible.
If your RAM is an issue, it's probably fine to call right to the CFC.

Also Adrian gave a few good reasons to take the objectFactory approach:  the
main one being you are re-using code rather than duplicating code in
different places.

-- Josh