You are invited to Maryland ColdFusion User Group Meeting on Tuesday
12/12/2006.

6:30pm – "CFMX Administrator 'for Dummies'" with Jo Ann Goertner
8:00pm – "Fusebox 5: what is new" with Sandra Clark
(Times are Eastern Standard Time)

Can't make it to the meeting? Remote access via Adobe chats
http://adobechats.adobe.acrobat.com/mdcfug121206/

TeraTech, Inc.
405 E. Gude Dr
Suite 207
Rockville, MD 20850
301-424-3903

For a map or for directions: Go to
http://www.cfug-md.org/directions/directions.cfm.

To enter the TeraTech building after 6:00 pm use the keypad entry system
on the right side of the
front door. Press the button to select TeraTech on the keypad and hit
the call button, press 0 for
someone to pick it up and they will let you in.

Topic: "CFMX Administrator 'for Dummies'"

In my first 4 years writing, troubleshooting and maintaining ColdFusion
code, I have always treated
the CF Administrator as "someone else's" territory. It's my last resort,
my afterthought when all
else fails. Why? Mostly because it's unfamiliar. I'm afraid I'll break
something. And, there's
always been someone else I could go to.

Great excuses! Yet, there are basic things every CF developer needs to
know about the Administrator.
Yes, even those of us who don't have primary responsibility to maintain
the server. What are they?
That's what we'll look at in this presentation.

I'm picking the brains of my "someone elses" and I'll share with you
what I learn. If you've had the
same excuses I have, I invite you to get over them along with me!

Jo Ann Goertner can be reached at joann (at) teratech.com.

Topic: "Fusebox 5: what is new"

In this talk, Sandra Clark, will cover Fusebox 5, from new features to
backwards compatibility.
Along the way, she will touch on:

     * Using Multiple Fusebox Applications in one ColdFusion Application
     * New Application Initialization
     * New Verbs/Syntax available, including nesting!
     * New Execution Modes, when to use them
     * Implicit Circuits
     * Extending the Framework with lexicons.

Bio:
Sandra Clark, an advanced Macromedia Certified ColdFusion developer, is
a Senior Software Developer
with the Constella Group in Bethesda, Maryland. She has contributed
material to the ColdFusion 5.0
Certified Developer Study Guide published by Syngress Media/Osborne
McGraw Hill, and to the
ColdFusion Developers Journal. She has also spoken at various CFUGS and
ColdFusion User Conferences
around the country.

Sandra is an active proponent of applying accepted and proven web
standards to development as a way
of improving accessibility as well as making life easier on developers.

Sandra Clark can be reached at slclark (at) shayna.com.

--
Michael Smith, TeraTech Inc - Tools for Programmers(tm)
TeraTech voted Best Consulting Service by CFDJ readers!

405 E Gude Dr Ste 207, Rockville MD 20850 USA
Please check out http://www.teratech.com/ - email
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED],
or call us for more information; in the USA at 1-800-447-9120,
+1-301-424-3903 International, Fax 301-762-8185  Thanks!