I have been trying to use <cfexecute> (MX7) to convert a qt mov to Flash Video
flv, but it seems to hang as if waiting for something.  Read on...

The converter is mencoder that ships with mplayer.  It works spledidly from the
command line or a batch file.

When I run it from a <cfexecute>, mencoder.exe starts up, and stops processing
before any video is touched.  I can watch this happening in the Task Manager on
the CF server.

Here's the weird bit: if I End Process the jrun.exe, it doesn't terminate - CF
stays operational - but rather things *start working*!  mencoder.exe comes
alive and performs the conversion just fine.  My CF page dies of course.

Same story if outputing to varible, outputfile or screen.

My theory is that CF can't handle the output from mencoder.  From the command
line, there is no other user interaction after pressing <enter>.  It just works.

Any ideas?  I'm not even entirely sure this is a CF issue anymore.

For anyone wanting to perform similar tricks converting video, look at this
guys page:
http://jameser.blogspot.com/2006/06/tip-3-creating-flash-video-with-free.html
But use this flv player:
http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash_Video_Player