> Of course it would be quite awhile before smith was
> anywhere near the quality of Macromedia's product.

By taking the project open source, I think they would enable more rapid
feature development.  The quality I think would depend on who is running
the project and how many quality contributions from the community that
were received.

I think this is a great bit of news for smaller shops that may not need
all of the features that are currently available in the current CF
release, cannot afford CF, or do not need the support options available
to adobe customers.

Rich Kroll