Is it wise, recommended, or supported, to mess with the JVM that CF uses?
I've never felt the urge to upgrade the JRE in Coldfusion....

On 2/7/07, Gareth Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I need to update a customers windows 2003 server to 1.4.2_11 JVM
> (currently
> 1.4.2_05 / CF 7.01). I have noticed the server has the v5 JRE installed
> separately in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06.
>
> Assuming that I install only the development tools and NOT the public JRE
> does anyone know of any reason why this could cause problems for whatever
> might be using the v5 JRE? I'm thinking along the lines of the install
> adjusting system variables for example. My guess it is should be fine but
> I'd appreciate other's opinions before I go ahead.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gareth
>
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Upgrade to Adobe ColdFusion MX7 
Experience Flex 2 & MX7 integration & create powerful cross-platform RIAs 
http:http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;56760587;14748456;a?http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/?sdid=LVNU

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:268961
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Reply via email to