From: Andy Matthews [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:37 AM
To: (cf-talk@houseoffusion.com)
Subject: Filenames in CFusionMX7\Mail\Undelivr folder

I'm writing some code that will periodically check the Undelivr for emails
and move them back into the Spool folder (if they pass a series of tests (or
delete them if they do not). I'm going to be using Ray's SpoolMailer code as
a starting point, but I have a few questions.

Here are my requirements:
    - Each email in the Undelivr folder gets 3 shots at being delivered.
    - Once a day this code will run and compare the emails in the Undelivr
folder against records
      in the database to see if the email has ever been in there before. If
it has then it bumps up the
      count. If the count is 3 then it deletes the email

I can write all of that, but I'm wondering what would be unique about each
email? I'm checking the Undelivr folder now and I see an email that I sent
as a test. The file name is "Mail2552.cfmail". Can I expect that the file
name will always be completely unique? Or should I use the file name and the
recipients address? Filename and original sending date?

Thanks in advance.

Andy Matthews
Senior Coldfusion Developer

Office:  877.707.5467 x747