I use ScriptSrc attribute in the CFFORM tag to get around this issue. I have
a path set in my application scope, so my cfform tags look something like
this:

<cfform name="whatever" action="#cgi.Script_Name#"
ScriptSrc="#application.ScriptSource#" format="XML"
skin="#application.FormSkin#">
Whatever ...
</cfform>

I usually have my /CFIDE/Scripts tree inside my site in a folder called
cfforms   so the variable in the application.cfc is like this:

<cfset application.ScriptSource = "/cfforms/scripts" />
<cfset application.FormSkin = "Silver" />

Then with two variables in the application scope handled through a config
file, i can change the look, styles, and just about every aspect of any form
on the site in a jiffy.   And i'm independent of whatever the system guy
might or might not do with the contents of the /CFIDE folder.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month