I have never had to use URLSessionformat() before but it sounds like
it's going to be very helpful in this case.

Oh and this is a business-to-business shopping cart app, so we do have
to maintain state.  And to add to the fun of it all, we have to have a
new session variable each page request.

The server is going to have a lot of grunt and relatively low traffic,
so i'm not too worried about dipping into the database every page but
it would be better without.  And having to wddx structs isnt much of a
problem because i dont pass them from page to page much any more.
Instead i use beans, which are even harder to pass through client
vars.   In fact i'd say they're pretty well impossible and will
probably need to be persisted to the database and rebuilt each page
view.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month