With Client variables, I believe you have to first have your
datasource set up and working.  THEN you go into the CFAdministrator
and set up the Client vars.

It's a while since i set up Client vars, but if i recall correctly, it
has to check the datasource when you 'submit' after changing the
details of the client vars.

One of hte options at that time is to let it create its own CFDATA and
CFGLOBAL tables, and I'd recommend letting it do it.  Then you know
for sure its all going to work.

But i dont believe client vars use any tricky sql at all, so it should
work on any database that is avlid datasource for CF.  It only does
SQLinserts, deletes and selects.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month