You are better to copy the CFFORMS scripts into you own web site
anyway, regardless of whether or not the hosting company has it all
set up perfectly.  Becuase that way you have more control over your
own site's environment.  ANd you can tinker around with the CSS files
changing the look and feel of your forms to suit the styles of you
site.

I copy the scripts into all my sites, and i dont use CFIDE as the
folder either.  That's in case someone else somewhere on the server
(or the host) has a mapping called /CFIDE

I set up an application variable called application.scriptsource (and
while I"m at it, i set another application variable called
application.formskin).  The scriptsource variable typically looks like
this:

<cfset application.scriptsource = "/cfforms/scripts" />
<cfset application..formskin ="/cfforms/scripts/xsl/silver.xsl" />

The folders I copy into my sites are:

CFIDE (i rename it )
..../scripts
.../../css
.../../xml

where i need a wysiwyg editor in the site, I also copy that in here
too so that goes to:
.../../fckeditor

Then you can play around with the CSS and XSL files to your hearts
content without affecting other sites.   (I recommend leaving the XSL
alone unless you know what you're doing - it bit me badly at first!)
In the case above, the style sheet you can play with silver_style.css.

You'll find the form loads fast,  you have site-wide control over the
look and feel, and the client-side validation works as advertised
unlike earlier versions of CFFORMS.    You still need to have
server-side validation as well, just as you do with roll-your-own
javascript validation but using XML forms has sped up the production
of forms for me amazingly.   In fact i have written a code generator
that does a lot of the donkey work for me, reading the metadata from
the database table and writing a form for each of the fields, which i
can then tweak and play with to suit my specific needs.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month