@Dean

A "self-posting form" is a view page with a form on it that has the
action set to itself (or left blank, which is the same). The problem
with it is that 95% of the time people put business logic right into
the view page, hence they are not separating out the logic from the
view (separation of concerns).

As Dinner has stated you can use cfincludes or even cflocation to keep
the business logic on a separate page for better maintainability, but
for most spaghetti coders the whole purpose of "self-posting forms" is
to not have to create a new page. Spaghetti coders like to keep all
the meatballs, noodles and sauce mixed together because it takes less
time to plan and organize, which speeds up development, but makes it
almost impossible to maintain.

BTW, I have been a spaghetti coder all the way up until now and I am
currently only working on one project where I have implemented OOP for
the entire application. Also, I am not a computer science major
(though I may minor in it eventually) but I am learning OOP just to
get my AS at my local junior college. In fact, I am working on a
website right now that I am writing in spaghetti code because the
client is  not paying me enough to do otherwise.

-Aaron