From: Joel Watson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:27 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Session or Cookie or....?

This is probably a stupid question, but I have no pride.

Consider the Adobe Forums.  Let's say I login to the forums on my
computer at work.  Now, let's say I close my browser, go home, call in
sick the next day, and return to the office a day later.  When I return
to the Adobe Forums on the same computer, I am still logged in.

How, exactly, is this being handled?  Does the session I created when I
first logged in  have a really long timeout?  Is this being handled by a
cookie?  Or is there something else going on?

Thanks