> On 4/4/07, Peter Boughton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I need to get a list of all the TODOs in a list of (primarily .cfm)
> files.
> >
> > In the unlikely event of people not being familiar with TODOs,
> they're
> > just
> > CFML comments like this:
> > <!--- TODO: Thing I have to do --->
> > The presence of the TODO: then flags up that something needs to be
> > addressed. Very useful when you want to shove in some dummy data and
> > return
> > later to fix it. (Good editors can flag TODOs - eg: CFEclipse puts a
> blue
> > bar next to the scrollbar)

My "Dp_Libraries" has a mechanism for doing this.

Not a "TODO" but that could be done in the same way.  I use a custom HTML
tag called "<dpDoc>" - I document all sorts of things with it not handled by
CF natively: revision information, author information, plans (the equivalent
of "TODO"), and some method-specific stuff (return and exception
information).  Information here:

http://www.depressedpress.com/Content/Development/ColdFusion/DPLibraries/Art
icles/Tutorial_DPCFCs/DPDocs.cfm

Both CF and HTML ignore the tag so it works out well.

I've got a documentation CFC that provides methods for extracting this
information (and in the case of CFCs combining it with the standard CF
introspection data).  Another long URL:

http://www.depressedpress.com/Content/Development/ColdFusion/DPLibraries/Doc
umentation/DocViewer.cfm?Component=cfc_DepressedPress.Utility.DP_Documentati
on

Note that the documentation for all the CFCs is generated using this
component.

I've been exceedingly pleased with this system.  All the code is open-source
so you might get some ideas or find something worth ripping.

Jim Davis