I woudl strongly urge you to go to you bank's it department and ask
them to get you a Glarden gauge.   it is a plastic overlay that shows
you the tolerances for the MICR line

If you dont get the MICR line in the right place.  - to 100th of an
inch the bank will sooner or later start charging you for re-encoding
the checks on the back

 few checks they wont charge you extra.  but if they start finding
that every one of your checks has to be re-encoded they will charge
ytou.

last time i saw this in the US banking system, the bank charged the
client $15/check to encourage them to have the MICR line properly
encoded

in austrlia the banks simply refuse to process the checks unless they
are pre-approved by the processing branch of hte bank.

The GLarden gauge is what yo uuse to verify your MICR characters are
in precisely th right place.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month