Hello Guys,

I'm looking for a few ideas from you on the best way to handle statistical
data. I have allot of statistical information on my current application and
when presented I perform general mathematical equations on it, such as
calculating totals, averages, rations and percentages.

At the moment I handle this all in the presentation layer using a
combination of cfset and cfloop to work out that information. This is fine
and works well, but leaves my presentation code feeling a little messy.

How do you handle this kind of this? I'm thinking about leaving this to my
model and instead of returning a query have it return a struct, this
contains an array of all the basic query results, another structure
containing totals, another structure containing averages and so on. This can
then all be output cleanly in the presentation.

Make sense?

I'd be interested to hear how you guys handle this kind of thing.

Thanks,

Rob