This can be accomplished by using a Tally table.  A "tally table" is
simply a table that contains one column, ID, that increments up to
several thousand (or several million, depending on your application).
For this application, you would use it like this:

Tally
--------------
ID int

MyData
--------------
Amount int
Date    datetime

SELECT  t.ID,
                m.Amount,
                m.date
FROM            Tally as t
                LEFT OUTER JOIN MyData m on Hour(m.date) = t.ID
WHERE           t.id <= 24

HTH,
Chris