Adobe might not be in the drivers seat, but by the very nature of the
resources they wield in the CFEclipse project, you could say ( to
continue your metaphor) that they're holding the GPS.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month