Thats why tools like Beyond Compare is good, you only migrate the files or
merge what has changed.

But I still wouldn't modify code on production, or even SVN production code.
the reason being is that you also end up with all the svn directories there
as well.

But hey if it works for you... I just frown upon the idea that you are doing
it this way, and DO NOT consider what you do, to be best practice at all.