I don't reckon this thread is long enough yet, so here's some more...

There are so many ways to use Subversion that it's easy to be in violent
agreement.  We all agree on this:

Don't break <the build>.  Make sure you thoroughly test before you <commit>.
And be sure to <backup> your working copy.

But we interpret the <> words differently:

Andrew: the build = the latest revision
Tom: the build = the approved tag
Me: the build = the latest revision from trunk

Andrew: commit = the usual subversion commit
Tom: commit = create an approved tag
Me: commit = merge my personal dev branch into trunk

Andrew: backup = filesystem backup of working copy
Tom: backup = commit working copy into repo, then backup repo
Me: backup = commit working copy into my dev branch of the repo, then backup
repo

And thereby end up with three different procedures that look different but
in fact do the same thing (maybe with slightly different emphases).  We all
create abstractions for a living here, surely we can cope with that.

Jaime Metcher