Your mail client is not set to "reply in same format" or "reply as plain text".
It's trying to add html style markup to the email and then send it in base64
encoded format. In addition, these types of clients tend not to send a plain
text version of the email along with the html which would trip another blocker.
I block base64 as it's used by just about every virus and spamware sent out
today and it's part of what keeps these lists so secure. I can turn it off but
then I'd have to write more checker code to keep spam, especially spam masked
as list posters, off the list.
If I allowed emails that only had HTML content without the (required?) plain
text portion then I'd have to write stripper code which will mangle the email
by removing important information as well as formatting.
End result is that these issues are rairly tripped by list subscribers more
than once. I'll write up a FAQ item to cover this.

I'd bet that your using outlook or outlook express as they LOVE to 'improve'
your mail experience with unneeded HTML. HTML that is really badly written and
will increase the 'weight' of the posts coming from the list as well as
screwing up the (proper) html of the archives.