Do you minimize it when you aren't working with it? XP will push some stuff
out of memory when you minimize an app, and Eclipse does take some time to
reconstitute itself. If you are lowish on memory, it will be even more
noticeable. It may also be some sort of similra memory management being done
by Virtual PC to try to minimize the VM's memory footprint.

I don't see this behavior at all running on my regular system, just
alt-tabbing back and forth.