From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:27 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Error setting up FCKEditor

Yes, Paul I know exactly what is causing that error.    The "page not
found' is referring to the blank page that FCKEditor puts in the
editing area.   you need to make sure the reference to that page is
correct.

On my instances of FCKEditor, that line is the following:

fckEditor.basePath      = "/cfforms/scripts/fckeditor/";

or in some of my sites, i have the following:

fckEditor.basePath              = "#application.fckeditorbasepath#";

The problem you have is similar to the previous problem - you just
need to tinker around with the values in that line to make sure it's
pointing to the folder that contains the fckeditor.cfc.  (I"m assuming
you have kept all the files in teh same folder layout as the default
installation.   I wouldnt recommend you move anything about unless yoo
konw what all those files do and where the path references to them
are).

Here's a complete FCKEditor instance from one of my sites, that you can
follow:

<cfscript>
                fckeditor = createObject("component",
"cfforms.scripts.fckeditor.fckeditor");
                fckEditor.instanceName  = "story";  //the field name in the
form scope
                fckEditor.value                 = '#Content.getStory()#';
//the default value in
the editing window
                fckEditor.basePath              =
"/cfforms/scripts/fckeditor/";
                //fckEditor.toolbarset          = "default";
                fckEditor.width                 = "80%";
                fckEditor.height                = 400;
                fckEditor.create(); // create the editor.
        </cfscript>

Hope this gets you going - if not, feel free to ask more questions.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month