I should also add that around this time last year I didn't know a
thing about OOP and I just started using frameworks in the last few
months (just prior to the Frameworks conference). In fact, framework
author Peter Bell has only been working with OOP for a little over a
year now (see http://www.pbell.com/index.cfm/2007/1/1/2006--Quite-a-year).

You will benefit more by learning OOP now then waiting until you've
built more and more catalogs and you find that all your time is being
wasted maintaining them and you never get to build your client el.

-Aaron