I have to build a robust permissions system for one of my clients. Basically, I
need the concept of users and groups and both users and groups are able to be
members of other groups. Optimally, it would have Allow/Deny flags so that I
could exclude specific users from specific features (like Windows does).

For example "Jon" is a member of the "SuperAdmins" group and the "SuperAdmins"
group is a member of the "CalendarEditors" group.

I would then need a CF or SQL function to pass a user and permission to.
Something like:

   hasPermission("Jon","CalendarEditors")

to get a true false which would recurse through all the permissions and see if
Jon was a member.

Finally, I would need a way of creating users and groups (though I have most of
that from other sites I have built for other clients) and associating
users/groups with groups.

I'd rather not rebuild the wheel and I feel like this MUST be out there in some
form.

Anyone know of an open-source (or otherwise) ColdFusion/MS-SQL (or otherwise)
package that does this?