> I am thinking of setting up a virtual cluster to run our
> website for reliability reasons. Does anyone have any good
> documentation (preferably in a PDF or other offline readable
> format) in the form of a beginners guide to CF clusters?

There's plenty of stuff in the documentation itself, as well as Adobe
Devnet.

> Also, what is the licencing requirement for this, I am aware
> I can use the same copy of Windows Server in multiple virtual
> machines but will each one require it's own CF licence or can
> they share a licence since they run on the same processor(s)?

Actually, you can't just use the same copy of Windows Server in multiple
virtual machines. Microsoft has a VM licensing calendar here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/calculator.msp

As for CF, though, it's licensed per two physical processors, so there's no
limitation as far as installing it into multiple VMs. However, if your goal
is purely reliability of your site, instead of using multiple VMs you might
just want to set up multiple instances of CF within a single physical OS
instance per physical server.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net