Jochem,

The PDF example is great. I'm not against CF Enterprise whatsoever, it's the
best way to go, and I do whatever I can to look for reasons to recommend it
for things like that. I just think it's over-prescribed and often
misunderstood.

> Now back to stability, if one JVM crashes on one server, there's a
> > better-than-you-think chance of it hurting the whole server. More often
> than
> > not, I've had to reboot an entire server because one CF instance had
> > problems.
>
> If independent processes affect eachother there is a problem with the OS.

Well, I said I was using Windows, didn't I.  All joking aside, it's usually
a resource contention issue, other processes on the box run out of
resources. Admittedly, I'm quicker to reboot than I should be ;)

--
nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/