I disagree a little on that. Since if you store the password in the CF
admin, every application on the server can access the datasource with
the necessary rights. Whereas when you use username and password inside
cfquery, at least the different web applications can not access all
datasources except if the proper username and password is used. And here
also lie the benefits of the attributecollection attribute in CF8 and
Railo 2 that allow you to define general username and password for i.e.
cfquery tags.

Gert