This is a follow up to my post on why one SQL statement works and
another one did not.

This issue seems to be that the main <cfquery ...> tag included a call
to an UDF to create some of the values in the statement.  Depending on
the parameter passed into this UDF, it sometimes also made a <cfquery
....> call.  This apparently confuses the Cold Fusion server and it
throws a database error about not finding the table or view of the main
query, even though it returns a completely syntacatally correct SQL
statement in the error message.

Is this a know issues?  Is it something I should not expect to be able
to do?

The work around was not to onerous, I just had to call the UDF before
the main <cfquery ...> and set its return value to a local variable that
I then used in the following <cfquery ...> tag.  But I do like to
understand the whys and wherefores and not just rely on, "Because that
is the way it is ..."

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.