> Is it the same sort of convoluted setup to run CF8 on Vista
> as well?

I would imagine so, but haven't tried yet myself.

> Only reason I ask is because I was considering trying to get
> the beta running on the same machine

There's no reason you have to use IIS for CF 8. The easiest thing would be
to install CF 8 with the built-in JRun web server. Alternatively, you could
create another IIS virtual server and hook CF 8 up to that. Ideally, if
you're running CF 7 and 8 on the same machine, you'd install them as two
JRun instances within the same JRun server configuration, but that frankly
would be somewhat painful if you didn't already have the multiserver version
installed.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net