I don't know how many times we've seen the subject of this thread over the
last few years but it generally ends with Jochem blowing holes in every type
of contrived SQL injection protection and the general consensus ends up
being if you are worried about SQL injection, use CFQUERYPARAM.

For XSS then you really should be looking at using HTMLEditFormat() and
HTMLCodeFormat() to make any user submitted content safe.

Take a look at some resources that others have posted to this list before:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-sp2.html#IDADE4KC

http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/sql-injection.html

If you don't want to go down the futile path of chasing down every attack
and bolting the door afterwards, just use the built in features of the CF
language.

You may see errors on your site if you only employ these features when your
site is attacked but if someone is trying to hack your site using SQL
injection or XSS techniques why would you expect (or want) it to work
correctly because it shouldn't! Some errors are good errors...

Every time I get a value is not of type CF_SQL_INTEGER error, I look at
their attack from the error dump, invariably smile at the fact that
CFQUERYPARAM has saved the day *again* and chalk one up for the good guys.

Paul