Well, that's the thing: I don't have a particular scenario in mind.  I'm
looking more for conceptual and methodological ideas, e.g., "the user has
submitted the form: now what?".

But perhaps to get it started, let's say I have a registration form with the
following fields:

Name:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Website:
Avatar: (file upload field)

Assuming the user has filled all fields (including attaching a file for
upload), how would you go about processing and validating this information (or
even setting up the form), all the while attempting to strike a healthy balance
between usability and security (that is, you don't want bogus registrations)?

And again, I'm looking more for methodological ideas, not necessarily regex's
for email and website addresses.

Thanks

Joel