I think it is selected="true", or you can just use <option value="B"
selected>.

Not sure if that is your problem, but that's what jumped out at me.

Also, be careful when you test in FF, as it tends to cache your form
selections even upon a ctrl-refresh.  That has gotten me quite a few times.
I usually test these things in IE just to be safe.