I've used Crystal Tech for years, and I've never had a problem with
their service.  I've got about 15 client's sites running on Crystal
Tech, and they're all happy as well.  I really like their Control Center
as it's easy for me to manage everything, I can even create accounts for
my clients and give them access to what I want them to have.  And all of
my clients absolutely love the statistics reporting package
(SmarterStats) that comes with the hosting.

I had one client that had 21 domains pointing to the same site with no
problem, but we never needed Domain level FTP accounts so I can't
comment on that.  We also didn't need email for each domain, but I know
we had the ability to do it if we wanted.  They have a nice webmail
interface that lets you configure individual or domain wide Spam
settings, Greylisting, and Trusted Sender's lists.  I manage all of my
SQL Server databases via Enterprise manager and Query Analyzer for SQL
2000, and DBA Studio for 2005.

If I  have one complaint with Crystal Tech, it's that just starting with
CF 8 you have to go with their $26.95 plan to get SQL Server.  I have
several clients on the $16.95 plan with CF 7 and SQL Server that are
going to have to start paying an extra $10 per month so they can move to
CF 8.  It's really no big deal, just a bummer that they're taking away
this previous functionality.

Hope this helps!

Eric