>Regardless of the value of such awards (and no offense to any
>recipients or nominees) such a popularity contest is always useful in
>one way or another.

And that's my issue with it....all it was was a popularity contest. Nominees
would win on name recognition alone, had nothing whatsoever to do with the
quality of the actual product/service. A product that has 1000 users of which
only 500 actually think it's good enough to vote for would win over a product
that has 100 users of which 99 think it's the greatest. The first would win
handily...but which of these would you prefer to use? ;-)

So hopefully if anyone does come up with such community award again, it will
not be based strictly on a number of votes system...but an actual ranking of
the product/service.

--- Mary Jo