Max,

cool... thanks for the info.  Can you share your cfml for this technique say
on a single field form/fdf file example.  Im interested in your cfinclude
approach - im not getting that part - i understand the theory.

Not that I disagree with this approach - placing cf vars in the cfoutput
wrapped fdf file - but for what we were doing, and based on similar
debates - COM vs. edit text files, I came to the conlcusion with feedback
from Aymeric Grassart, that the COM object was a more "robust" approach.
This was important for us as our forms are 2-20 pages when combined, and
easily 200-300 fields per 2 pages.

Too much fdf code to go hunting thru on the fdf to find the location of the
vars vs. writing our own <cfscript>.  I also feel that it will be easier to
maintain  - long term. [long story....]  Same old thing tho' - differnt
tools for different needs.  If your forms are rather simple, Im confident
your method is way simpler, but where form design, layout and fields change
continuously - I prefer our appraoch - i feel like I have more control -
maybe I dont, but.....

Stephen M. Aylor
Aylor Insurance Agency, Inc.
"Specialized Insurance Programs for the IT Industry"
949.581.2333 vox
949.581.2333 fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]