Hi all,

I know this has been discussed previously, but I've got a question with a
little quirk in it.

I know there are ways to highlight a string, and basically you REReplace the
string with a copy of itself wrapped in a highlighting <font> tag (or span,
or what have you).  The problem is this:  What if the string contains HTML
and the highlighter mangles the HTML output?  Is there a smart way for the
regexp to do the highlighting but skip over the insides of an HTML tag?  In
other words, it would be okay to highlight the label portion of an <A> tag,
but not touch the HREF attribute.

Any assistance would be very appreciated!  And if you know a custom tag that
does this, please pass it on my way.  Thanks!

--
Jamie Keane
Programmer