Yes, the newer keystore in CF8 could well contain a CA cert that isn't
in the older one that came with CF7. Get the CA cert from the vendor
and import it into the CF7 keystaore and you should be fine - you can
print the list of certs in each keystore if necessary.

--
mxAjax / CFAjax docs and other useful articles:
http://www.bifrost.com.au/blog/