Dave Watts wrote:

>There is,
>however, a problem with people making uninformed decisions based on what
>these "web agencies" recommend without any sort of ROI evaluation.

Yes, agreed. I guess I was responding to your comment that, "I would be happy
to tell your boss that he should put down the crack pipe if he thinks it's a
good idea to switch from CF to .NET."

While that may play well for laughs in this forum, it's not very sound
technical or business advice. I was trying to make the point that sometimes it
*is* a good idea to switch from CF to .NET (regardless of whether or not you
choose to use BlueDragon to help make the switch). Dismissing anyone who
considers making such a switch as being "on crack" is silly.

To Matt Williams: I used the phrase "some people" to indicate that I realize
the statements I made in favor of switching from CF to .NET aren't true for
"all people." Sometime it's a valid decision to stay with CF, and sometimes
it's a valid decision to switch to .NET (or to Java/JSP/J2EE, or to PHP). I
would never argue that it's the right decision for everyone in all situations
to switch from CF to .NET, but for some people it is. That was my point.