ColdFusion will throw an error when if you supply 0000-00-00 as the value
for any date functions, cfqueryparam, cfargument with a type of date, etc.
because 0000-00-00 is not a valid date (neither is 02-30-2007).
HTH,
Aaron

P.S. I had this same problem and Sean Corfield alerted me to the fact that
CF is smarter than I thought...