One thing Mike can do first is emulate these settings on his dev
machine first to see if that is indeed the problem.

I am unware that coldspring uses any internal java objects, otherwise
it would not run on BlueDragon or Railo.

But worth testing on the dev machine before ringing the hosting provider.