From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 October 2007 15:25
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF7 verity indexing of PDFs

Did you remember to enable it in your cfsearch tag? By default
cfsearch won't return context information. You have to specify
contextPassages with a # greater than 0.

On 10/26/07, Matt Barfoot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can't seem to get verity to index PDFs properly. I can index a PDF,
check the collection in CFADMIN which shows the doc is indexed. I can the
pick a phrase from the PDF, seach against it and I get 1 result. The problem
is the result only shows a summary. If a CFDUMP the context field is empty.

> The fact the the correct document is identified by a phrase search tells
me Verity has indexed the doc and knows the phrase exists (and where). But
it won't yield this information back in the returned results query.

> Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Any other advice on how to get the best
from Verity would be much appreciated.