I have been doing this same thing with a product called TCPClient from
www.intrafoundation.com. this program is a COM Object which gives
Coldfusion the ability to communicate with all kids of TCP protocols.

The Cell Phone Providers have and operate an SNPP Gateway which is
using the TAP Protocol which they do not want to admit to as this cuts
out the SMC's but if you ask the right question to the right person
you can get the right information.

If someone is savy with Linux they can install a program called QPAGE,
a 2400Baud Modem to create their own SMC then the Coldfusion
application would talk TCP to this machine to send pages on demand.

This is the same thing which I have been doing for Indiana K-12 School
Corporations for the past 5 years and my application sends out just
under 2 Million text messages each year.

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Okay, before I go any further let me make it clear that our
organization is planning to upgrade to MX 7, but unfortunately, I have
to get this functionality working BEFORE that happens and WITH CF MX
6.1, so please don't just respond with "upgrade to MX 7 or CF 8).  Our
company tends to be 1 major version behind for understandable reasons,
and, although I may not agree with them, it's irrelevant.

> Here's the deal:  I need to be able to send an SMS message through a
CFMX 6.1 module.  I understand that smpp.jar is a library of java
classes that could allow me to do this.  I also understand that I can
use something like JavaLoader by Mark Mandel to 'import' the classes and
use them.  However, I know pretty much NIL about java, so I'm looking
for ANYONE that might have tried to do this in MX 6.1 before 7 came out
with it already done for them.  OR, if someone can direct me to a step
by step method of using java classes in ColdFusion, and if it's the
SMPP.JAR classes then all the better.

> I am desparate for some help here.  I've spent hours already and need a
solution soon.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!