I do not speak from experience, but I believe you must have special DB
drivers set up with your CF data source which do the fail over for you.

~Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad Gray [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 11:12 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: MS SQL Mirroring and CF

I am reading up on mirroring our MS SQL server.

What I have read you can setup a second server with a second
installation of MS SQL.  The licensing allows for this also so you don't
have to buy two copies.

Now you can mirror from one server to the other.

Now my question is say you primary server fails and goes off line.  The
mirrored server kicks in.

How do you get your CF server to look for the database on the mirrored
server?  Obviously the two servers cannot have the same IP or name since
they are on the same network.